Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Cure Exists

There is a cure for aids. There, I said it. I’ve always believed the government was lying to us about aliens, the war in Iraq, MK Ultra, and stuff like that. I never believed the government would be involved in a conspiracy like this. When I was a kid I was in awe of the president. I wrote a letter to Bill Clinton, I idolized him. I volunteered for the Obama campaign in ‘08 and gave hundreds of hours. I stood watch at the polling place on election day. I study political science in hopes of making a difference in the world, but now my heart is broken.

I can understand the need to keep certain things from us, national security and what not. But aids has been killing people for a long time now. The patent report was filed in 1994. In 1994 aids was the leading cause of death for Americans between the ages 25-44. Aids beat out gun violence, alcohol, tobacco, traffic accidents... Do I need to go on? Writing this and thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

The worst part is there isn’t anything we can do about it. I went to prison when I was 19 years old, and that taught me several things. One of those things was that there’s nothing you can do when the people in authority over you  do whatever they want to. The guards beat me mercilessly, I had no defense. And here we stand, having another generation taken from us while they are beaten mercilessly by a disease that there’s a cure for! I really need you all to know that this isn’t a joke or a conspiracy theory, it is a conspiracy, no theory involved.

Choose life slackers....

No comments:

Post a Comment